All schools in the SRVUSD are equipped with one-to-one student devices. Students in TK-1 classes have i-pads and students in grades 2-5 have Chromebooks. Technology creates an enthusiasm to learn in students which is fantastic and keeps the “brain juices” flowing. Encourage your students to use this site to browse the new links on the left-hand side…most important of all, have fun with it.
Highlights of websites that that have been collected for use at school or at home:
- Raz Kids
Students listen to books read aloud, read with vocabulary and pronunciation support, and read without support.
- Tux Paint Paint – Download for FREE
Please check out the “Download Center” at the bottom of the screen
- SPELLING CITY Interactive games using teachers spelling lists. Check out the sight word too.
- BENSGUIDE his site provides resources that will teach how our government works.
- ENGINEERING INTERACT
Engineering Interact is a new and exciting free educational resource for primary school children aged 9 to 11.
- Math Magic – Don’t forget the Certificate
- Dance Mat Typing, an introduction to touch typing for children aged 7 - 11 years.
- Wordle helps you create what is called “Word Art”. You can change your artwork with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. Note to Parents: The Gallery section is blocked at school. Inappropriate words may appear in this section. Use only with supervision!
- “Welcome to the Web" is an interactive set of web pages which can be used to teach children (and adults) about the Internet.
- FESTISITE Create a beautiful heart-shaped picture of words. This site can be used for any holiday of occasion such as Mother’s or Father’s Day, Anniversary, Christmas.